Can a property owner perform plumbing work on their own property?

With the issuance of a plumbing permit, the owner occupant of a one or two family dwelling may perform plumbing work within the walls of the dwelling. Work involving water and sewer service on the exterior of the building requires a licensed master plumber. All other properties require the issuance of a permit to a City of Batavia Licensed Master Plumber.