When can I apply for the Enhanced Star exemption, and what information do I need?

You may apply for the Enhanced Star exemption when you turn 65 years old during the year in which the exemption will apply. In the case of a husband and wife or brother and sister, only one person needs to be 65. You will need to complete an application, provide proof of age, and provide a copy of the income tax return required for that year. You must apply by March 1 of each year.